11.17.2009

DEPRESSED


Yes, it was announced last Friday that the Oprah show is ending in September 2011. I. Am. Depressed. I have watched Oprah ever since I was a small child, while waiting for dinner to be on the table. In undergrad, I even scheduled my classes around the show! I watch the show every day, and I don't know what I will do with myself when it ends!! I even have the 20th anniversary box set, have watched it over and over again, and cry every single time. Oprah is someone who has inspired me for years. The reason I love Oprah so much is because she does (in a way) what I want to do with my life! She advocates for many, many people/organizations and promotes press for them! I also respect her greatly for overcoming racism waaay back when, and for making something out of herself even from the worst circumstances. Did you know that she was supposed to be named Orpah, but her parents didn't have the education to spell?! Great person, good heart. I will be very sad to see her show go!

No comments:

Post a Comment