1.12.2010

Judging a Book by Its Cover

I did it once again, and I was wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Well, I (regrettably) didn't judge an actual book. The book is a metaphor for a person. Along with many other people in our society, I am guilty of liking to "figure people out". I pick up on cues as to who they are, what the are interested in, and what type of life they live. "Figuring people out" goes hand-in-hand with people watching, also one of my favorite things to do. Not because I like to judge, but because everyone has a story and I want to know what it is. Yesterday, I was slapped across the face with my (ass)-umption of someone else. Let's just say I was completely wrong. Oopsey!! Before you make a mistake like me, remember that:

“Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.” -Wayne Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment