8.17.2009

True Story: I Have A Speech Impediment


At a visit to my local Orthodontist's office, I was floored when they told me what is causing my problem with my teeth! I'm a tongue-thruster. Uh huh, 22 years old and I am just finding this out! Wonderful! So on my way back to C-ton I called Big Sissy and told her the diagnosis (since she is a speech pathologist). She said "well now that you say it, I guess you do kind of sound like you have a lisp. I've always wondered why I couldn't understand you as much as I can understand my other friends on the phone." HAHHA Don't worry sissy, no hard feelings! Don't worry, I'll keep you updated (even if they make me wear a metal helmet clenching my teeth shut or something)!

5 comments:

  1. haha! that's so funny!

    btw, i really want my fiance to go see the ugly truth but he thinks it's a chick flick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO not a chick flick! It's a good movie for both guys and girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol this made me laugh so hard... i love you my little tongue thruster/ lisper! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww wasn't Miranda a tongue thruster? I think she was, and she had to get braces...I wanna be 1st in line to say you're too old LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i couldn't agree more! Plus, I've already had braces!

    ReplyDelete