10.12.2009

The End of My Relationship With Dukey


I have the funniest story you have heard all day. Dukey has threatened to break up with me for telling it, but I told him I simply could not deprive my friends and family of this hilarity. So this weekend when Dukey was visiting, we were awake at say, 3 a.m., at which "the incident" took place. We were bored out of our minds and sitting in my living room. Dukey then begins to tell me how in high school, he could jump off things really softly. Did I care? Obviously not. Did he care that I didn't care? Absolutely not. I have this chest below my window in which I put spare blankets and pillows. Dukey climbs onto and says "watch this and then you'll believe me!" So he preps himself... And jumps!! Two seconds later, KABLAM!!!!! I seriously thought my apartment building was going to collapse. And Dukey is on the ground... whining about something. When he jumped off, his big toe bent under and snap, crackle, popped! When I went over to him to see if he was okay, he looked at me and said, "I really can do it. I just messed up. Seriously though, I can do it!!!" His toe turned bright red and swelled up. He laid down on my couch and I got him an ice pack (needless to say, I had so much trouble getting the ice because I was laughing so hard). For the next hour, I heard all about the fact that he really could jump quietly. To this day, he is still trying to convince me of such! I did feel sorry for him, but it was just too funny not to laugh! So here it is, I am probably officially kicked to the curb after this post. Oh, what a blogger will do for her viewers!

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Can't wait to see those skills in action this weekend.. tell him he can attempt to jump off my porch quietly.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaaaaaaaaaaa Awwwwwww thats the saddest cutest story ever LOL...What a skill :-)

    ReplyDelete